Did you know that most infants and toddlers are transported in the wrong car seat or the right car seat that is installed incorrectly? Safe Kid Fulton County is offering Car Seats 101. This goal of this class is to train parents, grandparents and caregivers how to choose the correct car seat and how to install the car seat properly 100% of the time. Selecting the best car seat for your child is not as easy and choosing what’s on sale, buying a popular name band, or the most expensive car seat with lots of bells and whistles. The decision should be based on your local car seat laws, your child’s needs, and the design of your vehicle. Contrary, all car seat are not compatible with all cars. Proper fit is critical when it involves the safety of your child. In this course, we will gain:
- Hands-on training that will teach you how to properly place your child in his/her car seat
- Instruction and demonstration of how to properly install the car seat in the vehicle
- Awareness of local laws that govern the use of child restraints
- The factors that determine “the best” car seat for your child
- Hands-on experience and training with the most popular bands of car seats on the market. Brands include Chicco, Britax, Cybex, Diono, Peg Perego, Evenflo, and Graco.
Date: See Registration Link
Location: Herzing University-Lenox Mall (Near Food Court)
Time: 6:00-8:00 PM
Cost: Free of charge during the month of March.
We are offering the pilot for the class during the Month of March. All participating parent will receive a free gift.