Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, June 14, 2020

A Change is Gonna Come

“A Change is Gonna Come.” - Sam Cooke

This is the first weekend that I’ve spent with my mom at her home since the COVID-19 outbreak. I haven’t been to a salon in months, and with all that’s happening in the world with the global pandemic and Black Lives Matter protests, I found a moment of peace within myself while she was braiding my hair today. Being together was restorative.

It’s my hope that we find real change. It’s time people in power stop talking and start doing. Ar...e we really going to root out systemic racism given all that has brought us to this point? If so, it’s going to take time and leaders in power to really listen and start taking action.





As a community advocate, I’m energized by the diverse participants who are leading protests around the world. Our participation is a vital part of the movement and our enthusiasm for real change NOW speaks volumes.

My promise as a former Fulton County candidate is that I will hold leaders in all spaces accountable for their actions, and that I will work hard with other like-minded individuals and organizations to get out the vote in November so that we can see this same collective energy for real positive change at the polls.

Join me at www.Facebook.com/SouthFultonVotes.



No comments:

Post a Comment