Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Ten things to do while you are pregnant














During my first pregnancy, when I hit 7 months, I spent most weekends
sitting in the house waiting for the baby to arrive. My husband, Roland,
tried to get me out of the house, but towards the end of my pregnancy I felt
like a huge bus and didn’t want to go anywhere. Don’t get me wrong I enjoyed
being pregnant, but the added 60 plus pounds wasn’t flattering and frankly
it was hard to breathe.

Only during my second pregnancy did I realize that I shouldn’t have stayed
in the house the first time around. I had to move and be moved. In
searching, I discovered several things that made my second pregnancy more
fun, active, and enjoyable.

1. Shop – It’s fun and quite humbling to watch your belly grow and buy new
clothes to flatter your figure.

2. Swap Clothes – Exchange or borrow maternity clothes from your friends or
co-workers. One of my favorite girlfriends, Teresa and I have shared
maternity clothes during both pregnancies. We love taking pictures of each
other in the clothes and comparing our mommy bumps.

3. Exercise – Walking keeps you in shape and is good for the baby. I didn’t
exercise my first pregnancy and gained a great deal of weight. The second
time around I exercised and didn’t gain as much weight, allowing my
post-pregnancy body to come back a lot quicker. My sister, Malaika signed up
for Yoga for expectant moms and loved it!

4. Cravings – Indulge your cravings and try new foods. It’s good to eat in
moderation, but if you’re craving something then eat it!

5. Photos – Take pictures documenting your growing belly. I took pictures
each month and created a video documenting my pregnancy.

6. Curiosity – If you feel comfortable, share your pregnancy updates with
your friends and colleagues. Sharing can help people feel closer to you and
excited about your bundle of joy.

7. Courtesy – Allow people to open doors for you! Take advantage of certain
perks being pregnant. Publix Supermarket has several parking spots
designated for new and expecting moms.

8. Date Night – When the baby arrives, date nights will have to be put on
the back burner. Schedule several date nights with your partner and enjoy
being out of the house.

9. Baby Shower – Showers are great events for you and your friends to
celebrate your new addition to the family. If this isn’t your first
pregnancy, then ask your family and friends to throw you a diaper shower. We
had a diaper shower, and the diapers lasted over 3 months. Also, remember to
ask for several different diaper sizes.

10. Support Groups – Join or create a new mom support group. My colleague
Lara and I started a support group at work. It’s a wonderful way for new,
expectant, and seasoned moms to get together monthly to discuss motherhood.
There are also a number of support groups online, if you can’t establish one
at your job.

There are millions of reasons to enjoy being pregnant. I’m sure if you try
one of these then you’ll be on your way to a sound mind and body, memorable
moments, and a healthy beautiful baby.

Republished in Black Celeb Kids.com

No comments:

Post a Comment