Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, November 26, 2011

What NOT to Get Your Mother-In-Law for the Holidays


There's a fine line of what's appropriate and not appropriate to give your Mother-In-Law for the Holidays. Usually gift cards and photos of your kids (if you have kids) are the safest gifts to give. What's worked for me, these last couple of years is to ask my Father-In-Law what he thinks she would like or better yet need.

I decided to ask my Facebook friends what they thought was inappropriate to give their Mother-In-Law for Christmas.

  • Push-up bra
  • Diet pills
  • Mouthwash
  • A firearm, especially if she doesn't like you.
  • Any exercise equipment.
  • A pet that she's allergic to or scared of.
  • A reindeer sweater.

My husband swears buying gifts for me and his mom is nearly impossible, so to alleviate his headache, I send him a "wish list" every year of items that I would like for Christmas. I promise that if he choices from that list, then he won't go wrong. Maybe we should ask his mom for a similar list?

What do you think is NOT appropriate to buy your Mother-In-Law for the Holidays?

Visit my blogs Married with Two Boys and Support Table for Two follow me on Twitter like me on Facebook and connect with me on LinkedIn.

Published

1 comment:

  1. One thing I try to go against for the future mother in law is getting household items like dish rags, table decorations etc. She is very picky and likes people to know her interests so its not too hard to shop for her. Bath and Body Works is a sealer for any occasion and especially for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete