You've heard of Black Friday and Cyber Monday? Well here's a new day in the Holiday Season - a day to give back called #GivingTuesday. #GivingTuesday is the Tuesday after Cyber Monday and is a new day of giving thanks. Let's make history on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 and start an annual movement of giving back. People everywhere including retailers, charities, online orginizations, community centers, individuals, families and more come together with one common purose - to help others give more, give smarter and celebrate the great American spirit of contribution.
#GivingTuesday is a call to action to celebrate giving and encourage more, better and smarter giving during the Holiday Season. It's spreading the message of people working together for the common good.
Q: What comes after Thanksgiving and before Christmas?
It's easy to participate! Here are some ideas:
- Launch a special campaign to support your favorite cause.
- Invite your company to match employeee's donations on that day.
- Create a volunteering initiative.
- Announce a donation or new initiative of your own on your blog or social media channels
Help us spread the message!
- Like #GivingTuesday on Facebook - www.facebook.com/GivingTuesday
- Submit a video on the #GivingTuesday YouTube channel
- Share your favorite giving quote or image on your Facebook page
#GivingTuesday -> give more, give better, give smarter. Visit www.givingtuesday.org