I'm still 'over the moon' excited that I had the opportunity to partner with Ford to test drive the new 2013 Ford Escape! This SUV is not only fantastic, but features really awesome technology that made me feel safe traveling around the city with our two boys, Roland and Joshua.
As a busy mom on the go, having a spacious and safe car is a true dream! When searching for a new car, safety should always be the top priority.
Last month, was Driver Distraction Month which is driving while engaged in other activities such as, using a cell phone, texting, eating, or reading. Thousands of people die each year because people continue to use their cell phones while driving. The technology in the Ford helps you keep your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road. Although, I didn't have a chance to pick you up for a ride in the 2013 Ford Escape, I wanted to share these great safety features:
- Do Not Disturb feature: When hooked up to SYNC, this new feature blocks incoming phone calls or text messages from a Bluetooth®-paired mobile phone, diverting calls into voicemail and saving text messages on the device for viewing later. But unlike turning the phone off, drivers can still make voice-activated outgoing phone calls and the SYNC 911 Assist™ feature can make a call in case of emergency.
- SYNC with MyFord Touch offers multiple ways for customers to manager and control information through voice commands, menus accessed through controls on the steering wheel and touch screens. Upgraded system includes new look, making phone, navigation, entertainment and climate controls even easier to use
|Seeing the 2013 Ford Escape for the first time!|
Ford Do Not Disturb on MyKey
- With Active Park Assist, parallel parking is virtually stress-free and hands free
- BLIS (Blind Spot information System) with Cross Traffic Alert – displays an alert in the side mirror when a vehicle is detected entering a blind spot. Cross-traffic alert warns if traffic is detected approaching from the sides, such as when Escape is leaving a parking space in reverse
Doesn't that sound awesome to you? Plus the Escape has the hands free liftgate which makes transporting sporting gear and packages a breeze for moms-on-the-go. Our oldest son saw the trunk pop open on it's own and screamed, "magic."
- Curve Control – the first Ford SUV to automatically slow the vehicle when it is cornering too fast.
Test drive a 2013 Ford Escape! There are several great dealerships in the area!
5675 Peachtree Industrial Blvd Atlanta, GA 30341
3860 South Cobb Dr SE Smyrna, GA 30080
Allan Vigil Ford
6790 Mt Zion Blvd Morrow, Georgia 30260
Come back and share your experiences! For additional information, please visit: http://www.ford.com/suvs/escape/?hptid=fv-suv-rtn-sch-escape-img
|Me & "Blueberry"|