The 2010 earthquake in Haiti was catastrophic and an estimated three million people were affected by the quake.
Soon after giving birth to our second child, I sat up late nights feeding him and watching the devastation occur in Haiti. I was nursing our newborn and watching young children fight for their lives. It was absolutely heart-wrenching.
Like you the devastation caused me to immediately act and contribute financially toward rebuilding Haiti and helping those in need. I gave my contribution nearly a year ago, but my heart continued to want to help.
I believe that what you say will come to pass. I spoke into existence that I wanted to continue to help Haiti. Not long after that, I crossed paths with someone who told me about Heart of Haiti.
The truth is that although millions of dollars were given to help rebuild the country, we still have a long way to go. Haiti still needs our support. Hundreds of thousands of people still live in refugee camps.
The Heart of Haiti program allows artists to sell their products through Macy's and earn life-changing income for themselves, their families, and their communities.
The initiative is enabling artisans to repair homes, pay school fees, and feed and clothe their families. The income also allows them to have access to better nutrition, improved education and healthcare.
- The Heart of Haiti collection has already led to employment of 350 artists in Haiti and has provided some financial benefits for an estimated 4,000 to 5,000 people in the country
- Each product is made from recycled materials. Products include vases, candleholders, serving trays, picture frames, mirrors, coasters, necklaces, clutch purses and more
- Most items fall in the $25-$60 range
By entering this giveaway you're helping me spread the word about Heart of Haiti.
1. Like Heart of Haiti on Facebook.
2. Like Married with Two Boys on Facebook.
3. Comment on this post the last good deed you did and how that made you and the other person feel.
To purchase Heart of Haiti items online or to find a store near you that sells them, please visit Heart of Haiti at Macy’s.Thank you for helping me spread the word about Heart of Haiti. This giveaway will end on October 1, 20011 at 7pm.
I absolutely love this handcrafted picture frame, as well as, these beautiful Heart of Haiti Bookends, Set of 2 La Sirene Stone Mermaids
and this gorgeous Heart of Haiti Jewelry, Horn Collection
For more information, please visit Heart of Haiti at Macy’s.
Disclosure: I received a Heart of Haiti pendant as a thank you for writing this post. Thank you for supporting Heart of Haiti.