Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, February 20, 2012

McDonald's "Wholesome Choices" in Every Day Life [Video]



About two weeks ago, I went through the McDonald's drive-thru, located on 14th Street and Northside Drive in Atlanta, Georgia. I ordered my favorite breakfast item: Fruit and Maple Oatmeal.
I pulled up to the first window to pay for my order and was told by the McDonald's employee that my order had already been paid for by the driver in front of me. I was immediately touched and "paid it forward," by purchasing breakfast for someone else. According to the Director of Operations, Diane Regular Lay, "Customers paying it forward happens all of the time at McDonald's."

I published a post last week, "McDonald's 'Wholesome Choices' Kickoff Breakfast," and shared videos that my twin brother, Joshua created. I am honored to be chosen as one of McDonald's "Wholesome Choices" Bloggers in Atlanta.
McDonald’s is committed to giving us more delicious choices to feel good about in the months and years to come. Regardless of your dietary needs, you’ll find nutrient-minded choices at McDonald’s.

It is important to not only make "Wholesome Choices" when selecting meals at McDonald's, but also in every day life. Choosing to express your core values enhances the quality of life and greatly impacts others in the world around you.
When I was a child, my mother spoke daily of serving humanity. These words still ring daily in my ears. It is my hope that more people will start giving back and "paying it forward." There is no greater feeling than to give back to those in need.


Follow McDonald’s Atlanta on Twitter @McDonaldsATL and check out their website for real-time promos, meal ideas and how to make the most of your McDonald’s experience: http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/food/food_quality/nutrition_choices.html

Disclosure Language: McDonald’s partnered with bloggers such as me to participate in its “Wholesome Choices” Blogger Program. As part of that program, I received compensation. They did not tell me what to purchase or what to say about the products used, and believe that consumers and bloggers are free to form their own opinions and share them in their own words. McDonald’s policies align with WOMMA Ethics Code, FTC guidelines and social media engagement recommendations.

1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome initiative. Healthy food is so hard to incorporate, and let's face it, we all tend to go to McDonald's (this is my kids' definition of the best place to go eat). So, I'm happy there are healthier choices being offered.

    ReplyDelete