Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, February 18, 2012

McDonald's "Wholesome Choices" Kickoff Breakfast [Videos]


I’ve been on a weight gain and loss rollercoaster ride ever since I had children four years ago. My husband Roland and I have two sons, Roland Jay "RJ", 4-years-old, and Joshua Palmer "JP", 2-years-old. With our first son, I lost 70 pounds in one year and after our second baby, I gained and later lost 40 pounds. I'm now rocking the scale between 150 -155 lbs. I declare, each week the scale is either my friend or worst enemy.

Over the last year, I've written a couple of posts about my weight loss challenge and dreams of wearing a size 8 comfortably again (without Spanx). Believe it or not, I was a lean-machine, track running and cheerleading tumbler in high school. That's why I was overly excited when McDonald’s asked me to join their “Wholesome Choices Blogger Program,” not only to get me back on track in 5 weeks, but also to encourage you, my lovely loyal readers, to start living a wholesome lifestyle as well.

My twin brother, Joshua Manning Marable and I attended the McDonald's kickoff breakfast earlier this week to listen to advice from health expert Andrea Riggs, mother of two, from GetBodyBeautiful.com. She’s fabulously fit with Michelle Obama arms and ripped abs. Andrea talked to us about not only exercising, but eating better and taking control of our lives.

You may still be thinking, what were we doing at McDonald’s talking about “Wholesome Choices?” Well, did you know that McDonald’s offers a variety of whole-grain oatmeal choices on its breakfast menu, available all day. The Fruit & Maple Oatmeal and the Apple Cinnamon Walnut Oatmeal are both 100% natural whole grain oats, rich in fiber and freshly prepared for you.

Are you on a mission to lose weight or change something in your life? Are you willing to join me on this “Wholesome Choices” challenge. Over the next few weeks, I will be sharing my own tips and ideas for making more wholesome choices in your every day life. I sure hope so! For the next couple of weeks, let's take this journey together to stay on track and start living wholesome lives.

Check out this funny video "Mount McDonald," created by Joshua Manning Marable, featuring Daniel Alejandro Ferry for the "Wholesome Choices" Blogger Program.


Follow McDonald’s Atlanta on Twitter @McDonaldsATL and check out their website for real-time promos, meal ideas and how to make the most of your McDonald’s experience:http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/food/food_quality/nutrition_choices.html

Disclosure Language:
McDonald’s partnered with bloggers such as me to participate in its “Wholesome Choices” Blogger Program. As part of that program, I received compensation. They did not tell me what to purchase or what to say about the products used, and believe that consumers and bloggers are free to form their own opinions and share them in their own words. McDonald’s policies align with WOMMA Ethics Code, FTC guidelines and social media engagement recommendations.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Sojourner for letting us know about McDonald's new initiative! I'm a big fan of the oatmeal option in the morning...yum!

    ReplyDelete