Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Working Moms Finding "Me Time" at Lunch Time


Moms need to take time out of their busy schedules to treat themselves. This special time alone is usually called, "Me Time." Oftentimes my scheduled "Me Time" occurs during my drive to work, lunch time, and drive home. 

When I'm not walking around Georgia Tech's campus during my lunch break with my walking buddy,  I'm usually treating myself to a wonderful lunch at one of Atlanta's great restaurants. 

Working in Midtown is absolutely wonderful because there are so many fantastic restaurants just a stone throw away from my job. Most of the eateries are pretty affordable too!

I usually bring my lunch to work, but about two times a week I like to go out and eat lunch. I refer to this time as, "Me Time." I'll tell my husband, Roland that I'm "treating myself to lunch." 

Being Married with Two Boys doesn't give me a lot of time to be alone. I enjoy the 1 hour lunch break that I have to eat by myself, people watch, and enjoy a good hot meal uninterrupted. 

Today I ate lunch at Doc Green's located at Atlantic Station. I ate the Dr. Beeks salad which consisted of the following: Field greens tossed with cranraisins, feta cheese, candied walnuts and raspberry vinaigrette. (Recommended with grilled chicken.)


I tracked my calories on Lance Armstrong's LiveStrong.com blog for Doc Green's Dr. Beeks Salad Nutrition and found that I consumed 381 calories, Fat 20g, Carbs 42g, Protein 11g, Sodium 981mg.

After eating my salad, I ran across the street and spoiled myself by picking up some chocolate candy from Kilwin's. The owner at Kilwin's, John Dallaire is so personable. He gave me a sample of a Pecan praline and it was fabulous! 


You can always find me here and on MyAtlantaMoms.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment